Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Secondary Navigation

Main page Content

Our History

​After lobbying the government for four years, from 1917 to 1921, Wynnum West State School was opened on 15 May 1922 with approximately 70 enrolments in the first year.

The land on which our wonderful school stands was purchased for 170 pounds in 1918 and an estimated 1 142 pounds was spent on construction of one classroom for 60 students.

 

Many years later we were very fortunate to be a part of the State Schools of Tomorrow project in 2009 which saw our school change dramatically.
 
Many of our classrooms and facilities were renovated and many new facilities were purpose designed and built. We  now have a multi purpose hall and outdoor basketball courts for our students' and community use. 
 
Today we have approximately 430 students enrolled and over 30 qualified staff catering for individual student learning.

 

Our classrooms have been designed to incorporated flexible learning spaces and technology usage.